Calling all budding violinists!
Apply for the chance to play a violin concerto on stage with Hong Kong Sinfonietta and potentially secure a concert engagement with the orchestra next season!
- Part I: Selection by video
- Part II: From the video selection, a maximum of four candidates will be chosen to attend in-person auditions on stage at Hong Kong City Hall Concert Hall from 16-18 January 2022, where they will play a violin concerto of their choice with Hong Kong Sinfonietta. At the end of the auditions, one of the candidates will be awarded a concert engagement with Hong Kong Sinfonietta next season.
Applications are open to violinists aged 15 to 25 at the time of the auditions, who are Hong Kong residents.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com before 23:59 (Hong Kong Time) on 12 December 2021 (Sun):
- Completed application form (click here to download)
- A video of yourself playing the first movement from any violin concerto (with or without accompaniment) *
- A video of yourself talking about the concerto you played in the abovementioned video, and why you want to play with Hong Kong Sinfonietta (under 2 mins) *
- A recent photo of yourself taken in the last three months
* Please upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive, generate a shareable link with no expiry date and send it to us in your application email. Please check the privacy settings of the links and make sure they are viewable and downloadable by us.
Applications are free of charge. You will be notified of the result of your application via email by late December 2021.
Terms and conditions
- The auditions will be documented for archival and promotional purposes. Photographs, audio and visual recordings may be printed in publications or broadcast on TV, radio, or the internet.
- By joining the audition, you agree to waive any rights to all visual, audio and application materials obtained during and for the auditions.
- Hong Kong Sinfonietta Limited reserves the right to make changes to the details of or cancel the auditions.
- In case of any dispute, Hong Kong Sinfonietta Limited reserves the right of the final decision.