|Viola||Adrien La Marca*|
Sinfonia Concertante in E-flat, K364 *#
String Quintet No 2 in G, Op 111 (Arranged for Chamber Orchestra)*
A Star-studded Evening of Mozart & Brahms
Hailed as “the new Viola Hero” (Le Monde), French viola superstar Adrien La Marca is an unstoppable ambassador for the instrument who never fails to amaze. In this concert – the first of two collaborations with Hong Kong Sinfonietta and their Principal Guest Conductor Christoph Poppen during this visit – he will be playing Mozart’s wonderful Sinfonia Concertante alongside Poppen (who will make a rare appearance as a violinist, being a co-founder of the prestigious Cherubini Quartett), while also starring in a chamber orchestra arrangement of Brahms’ sparkling String Quintet No 2 in G.
Christoph Poppen (Violin)
- 1st Violin & Co-founder, Cherubini Quartett
- Professor of Violin & Chamber Music, Hochschule für Musik und Theater, Munich
- President, Hanns Eisler Hochschule für Musik, Berlin (1996–2000)
- Principal Guest Conductor, Hong Kong Sinfonietta
Adrien La Marca (Viola)
“A truly pure talent”The Financial Times
“A moving reading of lyricism and authenticity, La Marca is our musical crush of the year!”Le Figaro
- Has performed with renowned orchestras such as Orchestre National de France, Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio-France, Leipzig Radio Symphony Orchestra (MDR), Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, Orchestre Philharmonique Royal de Liège (Artist-in-Residence for 2018/2019 season)
- Has performed at prestigious venues such as the Paris Philharmonie, Wigmore Hall, Amsterdam Concertgebouw, Berlin Konzerthaus, Vienna Musikverein, and at festivals including Verbier, Schubertiade, La Roque d’Anthéron, Aix-en-Provence, Ravinia, among others
- Revelation Instrumental Soloist of the Year, Victoires de la Musique Classique 2014
Disease Prevention Measures
- Audience members will need to go through temperature checks upon entering the performance venue. Those with fever symptoms will be denied entry and should seek immediate medical advice.
- Audience members must wear their own masks inside the performance venue.
- To comply with the reduced capacity and social distancing regulations of the performance venue, special seating arrangements are in place. Please sit in your assigned seats.