|Music Director Emeritus/Conductor
Mignon: Je Suis Titania la Blonde (Polonaise de Philine)
Faust: Ballet Music
Faust: L’Air des Bijoux (The Jewel Song)
La Princesse Jaune: Overture
Madame Chrysanthème: Le Jour Sous le Soleil Béni
Ma Mère l’Oye (The Mother Goose) Suite
Les Mamelles de Tirésias: Non, Monsieur, Mon Mari (Scène de Thérèse)
A golden, glittering age of progress and decadence in France around the turn of the 20th century, La Belle Époque saw the flourishment of the arts and the birth of some of the most timeless French masterpieces ever created. Celebrate this time of joie de vivre this French May with Hong Kong Sinfonietta and soprano Vivian Yau – a rising star hailed as “a light, silvery, bright soprano with impressive coloratura” (The Aspen Times). Under the baton of Music Director Emeritus Yip Wing-sie, they will present a mesmerising selection of arias and other works by French greats such as Ravel, Saint-Saëns, Gounod, Poulenc and more.
Vivian Yau (Soprano)
“A light, silvery, bright soprano with impressive coloratura.” The Aspen Times
“ Her clear, silvery tone, by turns sweet and cutting, was complemented by a strong stage presence, expressive dynamic choices, and clear emotional arcs in each aria.”San Francisco Classical Voice
- Performed the title role in the world première of Pierangelo Valtinoni’s Alice in Wonderland at the 2021 Hong Kong Arts Festival
- As Rosina in The Barber of Seville with Aspen Opera Center and Mediterranean Opera Festival
- Other operatic roles performed include Adele (Die Fledermaus), Tirésias (Les Mamelles de Tirésias), Asteria (Tamerlano), and Valentina Scarcella (Later the Same Evening)
- Carnegie Hall début as a soloist in Bach’s Christmas Oratorio with the Cecilia Chorus of New York
Disease Prevention Measures
- Audience members will need to go through temperature checks upon entering the performance venue. Those with fever symptoms will be denied entry and should seek immediate medical advice.
- Audience members must wear their own masks inside the performance venue.
- To comply with the reduced capacity and social distancing regulations of the performance venue, special seating arrangements are in place. Please sit in your assigned seats.