|Principal Guest Conductor||Christoph Poppen|
Ruy Blas Overture, Op 95
Cello Concerto No 1 in E-flat, Op 107
Symphony No 5 in C minor, Op 67
*Cellist Aurélien Pascal is replacing Maximilian Hornung who is not able to come to Hong Kong due to the pandemic.
BEETHOVEN ARTWORK COURTESY OF OZAWA KAZUO
Aurélien Pascal (Cello)
“…unparalleled level of virtuosity and musical intuition…”The Strad
“…an extraordinary display of dazzling virtuosity and riveting music making…”All Things Strings Community
“French cellist Aurélien Pascal is building an international reputation as one of the new generation’s most outstanding young string soloists.”The Violin Channel
- Winner of 1st Prize, Audience Prize & Special Prize, Grand Prix Emanuel Feuermann 2014
- Has performed with Moscow Tchaikovsky Orchestra, Deutsche Radio Philharmonie, Nuremberg Symphony Orchestra, etc
- Has performed in the most prestigious festivals such as Verbier, Colmar, Prades, Schloss Elmau, the Flâneries de Reims, La Folle Journée de Nantes and Japan, the Festival de Radio-France in Montpellier, the Beethovenfest in Bonn
- Chamber partners include the Modigliani Quartet, Pavel Kolesnikov, Rémi Geniet, Christian Tetzlaff, Augustin Dumay, András Schiff and Eric Le Sage
Christoph Poppen (Principal Guest Conductor)
“Excellent interpretation.”Kölner Stadtanzeiger
“Christoph Poppen brought out a broad soundscape from the orchestra.”Süddeutsche Zeitung
- Principal Conductor, Cologne Chamber Orchestra
- Artistic Director, Marvão International Music Festival, Portugal
- Artistic Director, Classic Revolution Festival, South Korea
- Music Director, Deutsche Radio Philharmonie (2007-2011)
- Artistic Director, Munich Chamber Orchestra (1995-2006)
Disease Prevention Measures
- Audience members will need to go through temperature checks upon entering the performance venue. Those with fever symptoms will be denied entry and should seek immediate medical advice.
- Audience members must wear their own masks inside the performance venue.
- To comply with the reduced capacity and social distancing regulations of the performance venue, special seating arrangements are in place. Please sit in your assigned seats.