|Piano||Colleen Lee (HKS Artist Associate 2010-2011)|
|Composer||Daniel Lo Ting-cheung|
|Daniel Lo Ting-cheung||
Autumn Rhythm II (world première)
Piano Concerto No 3 in C minor, Op 37
Symphony No 7 in A, Op 92
Hong Kong Sinfonietta returns to the concert hall with two different programmes this October to celebrate the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth. Conducted by Perry So, the concert on 24 October will feature Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No 3 (with local pianist Colleen Lee) and Symphony No 7, as well as the world première of composer Daniel Lo Ting-cheung’s Autumn Rhythm II – an engaging and rhythmically vibrant work inspired by a Jackson Pollock painting of the same name.
Perry So (Conductor/Presenter)
“His ability to build climaxes with judgment and power was unerring.”Seen and Heard International
- Gustavo Dudamel Conducting Fellow, Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Artistic Partner, Orquesta Sinfónica del Principado de Asturias (2017-2018)
- Assistant and later Associate Conductor, Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (2008-2012)
Colleen Lee (Piano)
- 6th Prize, International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition 2005
- 1st Prize, the Third International Seiler Piano Competition 2003
- Has performed with London Symphony Orchestra and Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, etc
- Has been featured at festivals including the International Chopin Festival in Poland, Assisi International Piano Festival in Italy, Pianoforte-Festival Meissen in Germany and International Keyboard Festival in New York
Daniel Lo Ting-cheung (Composer)
- 1st Prize, Musica e Arte Composition Contest, Rome 2011
- 1st Prize, Migratory Journeys International Music Composition Competition, Chicago 2010/2011
Disease Prevention Measures
- Audience members will need to go through temperature checks upon entering the performance venue. Those with fever symptoms will be denied entry and should seek immediate medical advice.
- Audience members must wear their own masks inside the performance venue.
- To comply with the reduced capacity and social distancing regulations of the performance venue, special seating arrangements are in place. Please sit in your assigned seats.